{Bookish Review} 13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough



13 Minutes
By: Sarah Pinborough
Published by: Gollancz on July 14th 2016
Genres: Mystery (YA)
Source: Gift from boyfriend
Rating: 


I was dead for 13 minutes.

I don't remember how I ended up in the icy water but I do know this - it wasn't an accident and I wasn't suicidal.

They say you should keep your friends close and your enemies closer, but when you're a teenage girl, it's hard to tell them apart. My friends love me, I'm sure of it. But that doesn't mean they didn't try to kill me. Does it?
What caught my eyes about this book was the bright red title and then followed by the intriguing tagline. Oh yes! I definitely want to know why the character is dead for 13 minutes! Why? Why? Why?

My first impression on this book was... Drama. Drama. More drama especially true for the group dynamics in school. I would say Ms Pinborough has a great cast of characters, each with their special role to play in the story. Even the way the story was told was unique. It includes text messages among the girls, recordings and diary entries. Ms Pinborough also packed a great surprise in the book and it totally blew me off! I didn't thought I would enjoy this book so much but I did!

13 Minutes is a well-crafted crime thriller which will have you flipping through the pages to find out what actually happened. Keep guessing and be surprised!

About Sarah Pinborough

Sarah Pinborough is a critically acclaimed adult and YA author based in London.

Sarah was the 2009 winner of the British Fantasy Award for Best Short Story and also the 2010 and 2014 winner of the British Fantasy Award for Best Novella, and she has four times been short-listed for Best Novel. She is also a screenwriter who has written for the BBC and has several original television projects in development.

Her next novel, Behind Her Eyes, coming for HarperFiction in the UK and Flatiron in the US (January 2017) has sold in nearly 20 territories worldwide and is a dark thriller about relationships with a kicker of a twist.

You can follow her on Twitter @sarahpinborough


Website | Facebook | Twitter