{Bookish Review} Sherlock Sam and the Ghostly Moans in Fort Canning by A.J. Low

Sherlock Sam and the Ghostly Moans in Fort Canning
By: A.J. Low
Series: Sherlock Sam #2
Published on: March 2013 by Epigram Books
Genres: Mystery (MG)
Source: Library
Rating: 

The adventures of Sherlock Sam continue! Together with his loyal sidekick robot Watson, Sherlock Sam is fast becoming Singapore's Greatest Kid Detective!

In Sherlock Sam and the Ghostly Moans in Fort Canning, mysterious sounds fill the air at one of Singapore's most-loved historical attractions. Ghosts don't exist, or do they? Will this mystery prove too difficult for Sherlock Sam to solve?
It took me years to pick up this book simply because it's a middle grade book. I first came across this Sherlock Sam series when I was invited as a panel speaker in AFCC 2013. The reason why I finally grabbed a copy is due to pure curiosity because this book is set in Singapore!

This is the second book in the series but I have no problem following the characters. What caught my interest was a talking robot (Watson). It's amusing to read about Sherlock's interaction with Watson. This robot is smart! In this book, the kids get to solve some mysterious moans at Fort Canning and the story was really easy to follow. I really think middle grade kids will enjoy reading this. We get to know some local language too, just some.

I find myself hunting for the first book to read how it all started. Good read!